- Hummingbird numbers peak around Labor Day, then start to dwindle; huge numbers along Texas coast.
- Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and redwings) flocks can number in the thousands.
- Broadwings and other hawks pass through.
- Peak of Blue-winged Teal migration.
- First flickers and kinglets can appear by the end of this month - they love suet.
- Migration month! More birds are in the area now than any other month.
- American Goldfinch juveniles can be seen and heard harassing adults for food at feeders.
- Ruby-crowned Kinglets appear.
- First juncos and White-throated Sparrows can appear by the end of this month.
- Robins are in large flocks, feeding on crab apples.
- Peak migration for Bald Eagle and other raptors.
- House Wrens begin arriving in the southeast in late-September